2014, Volume 4, Issue 12, Pages 415-439
AbstractIndustry cornerstone of economic progress and social well-being of the individual, the scientific concept of modern industry is not that old in Kurdistan-Iraq, the first since its beginnings back to the second half of the twentieth century, but the craft industry Kurdistan knew thousands of years ago.
Enjoy the Kurdistan region of Iraq-many economic resources and a variety of economic Kalmward natural water, minerals, oil and gas as well as the human and economic resources, the head of money and can be used in economic activities, especially industrial activity to meet the requirements of economic and social development.
From here began thinking about studying the industrial sector in Kurdistan-Iraq, summed up this attempt to recognize the reality and patterns of industries key that resides in the Kurdistan region and analysis of industrial structure in the region and analysis of industries by industrial activities and the use of statistical analysis of industrial which reveals the reality of industrial construction and the extent of diversity and the contents of various industrial activities.
Find the problem lies in the low level of industrial sector and the weakness of its participation in the GDP and its repercussions on the level of the individual and society and the overall economy .Although that there is potential for the localization of industry in the region to be the industrial sector, a sector leader and pioneer in the local economy. The study came to a set of findings and recommendations from them.
Described the industry in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, its institutions-small-sized factories where the form used by 9 or less workers braved 11484 facility in 2012 the gain (97%) of the total number of industrial facilities in the region and braved. (11809) facility. Formed in the region, while large-scale industries and medium and the remainder by (3%), so the industry is described in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, its institutions-small size. Based on the foregoing, the study found to be encouraged to invest in industrial projects that require their products to use IT technologies in order to raise efficiency and improve the level of production and quality, to benefit from the experience of economic activities endemic industrially and circulated to other provinces with low values of wages and the value added in Industrial facilities, particularly in the province 0f Dohuk.
- Article View: 98
- PDF Download: 18