Volume 6, Issue 18, Pages 0-0
The ministry of Education in Iraq developed The Curriculum , the social sciences for the sixth primary grade , the academic year 2016-2017 .The curriculum is changed from three separate books, (geography ,history ,patriotically ) into one book entitled (social sciences ) to go with the rapid development happen nowadays .
The present study aims at evaluating sixth primary student achievement in social science through answering the following questions:
1. What is the level of achievement of the sixth primary student in social sciences ?
2. Is there any differences between the achievements of boys and that of girls in social sciences ?
The present study is limited to
1. Sixth primary student in Al hindiya educational, directorate, Karbala governorate ,the academic year 2016-2017
2. Social sciences subjects ,first course.
The researches adopt the descriptive method because it is suitable to the aim the present study .
The sample study consists of 2465 students ( males and fends)study in (46) primary schools. (25) schools for boys and (21) schools for girls are chosen randomly.
The researches use the following statistical formula to analyze the results the study : Pearson correlation ,spearman correlation, qui- square , item- difficulty formulas , item discrimination formals etc.)
The study concludes that
1. Sixth primary students achievements in social sciences (new curriculum ) for the academic year 2016-2017 is weak . The mean score is 47,76 which is less them 50% which is required to pass.
2. There is a correlated differences at 0,05 between sixth primary students (males)and that of the female and for the sake of the females.
According to the conclusions they got the researchers suggest some recommendations.
- Article View: 116
- PDF Download: 89