Volume 3, Issue 5, Pages 9-31
The ill-treatment methods of the child by the mother
The ignorance of the mothers about essential and fundamental principles to the growth of the child and lack of knowledge on his psychological needs and the ways to fulfill, the right educational methods and how to deal with the child, we notice that they upset of his deeds ,they do not find any way but beating as an educational method to adjust the behavior of the child, and that put the child to a psychological factors harmful to him now and in the future, the following goals has been set:
1. building a measure of the ill-treatment methods of the child by the mother.
2. identify the methods level of the ill-treatment of the child by the mother.
3. Identify the differences between physical abuse and psychological abuse in the methods of ill-treatment by the mother through the test of the following null hypothesis:
A. No statistically significant differences in the methods of ill-treatment by the mother between physical abuse and psychological abuse, a research sample includes(200) children from kindergarten were randomly selected from both sides of Karkh and Rusafa in Baghdad, the paragraphs of standard methods has been prepared of ill-treatment for the child by the mother After selecting two areas to the first measure the area of physical abuse ,it consists of (20) paragraphs and the second, the area of psychological abuse ,it consists of (20) paragraphs, thus a whole total number of items becomes (40) paragraphs and after the use of statistical methods the results showed the following:
1. The first goal results indicate to the effectiveness of methods measure of ill-treatment for the child by the mother in the measurement and extracting the results by multiple statistical methods.
2. The second goal result indicates that a medium proportion not low amounts(46%) of mothers treat their children ill-treated using two methods of treatment , physical abuse and psychological abuse.
3. The result of the third goal showed the mother using methods of physical and psychological abuse in the same level, without any difference between them.
In light of the following results , some of appropriate recommendations and proposals has been set.
- Article View: 33
- PDF Download: 17